Arduino has taken off as an incredibly popular building block among ubicomp (ubiquitous computing) enthusiasts, robotics hobbyists, andDIY home automation developers. Practical Arduino provides detailed instructions for building a wide range of both practical and fun Arduino-related projects covering areas such as hobbies, automotive, communications, home automation, and instrumentation.
Take Arduino beyond blink to a wide variety of projects from simple to challenging.
Hands-on recipes for everything from home automation to interfacing with your car engine management system.
Explanations of techniques and references to handy resources for ubiquitous computing projects.
Supplementary material includes a circuit schematic reference, introductions to a range of electronic engineering principles and general hits and tips. These combine with the projects themselves to make Practical Arduino: Cool Projects for Open Source Hardware an invaluable reference for Arduino users of all levels. You'll learn a wide variety of techniques that can be applied to your own projects.
What you'll learn
- Reading analogue and digital input and writing analogue and digital output
- Communication with serial devices including RFID readers, temperature sensors, andGPS modules
- Connecting Arduino to Ethernet and WiFi networks
- Interfacing with resistive touch screens
- Adding synthesised speech to Arduino projects
- Linking physical devices to software environments
- Linking Arduino to web services
- Decoding data streams from commercial wireless devices
- Reading input from PS/2 keyboards and mice
- Interfacing with common 16×2 and 20×4 LCD modules
- The Arduino memory architecture
- Mass storage using USB memory sticks
- How to use both regular interrupts and pin-change (port-level) interrupts
- How to make DIY prototyping shields for only a couple of dollars
- Appliance Remote Control
- Time-Lapse Camera Controller
- Virtual USB Keyboard
- PS/2 Keyboard Or Mouse Input
- Security / Automation Sensors
- Online Thermometer
- Touch Control Panel
- Speech Synthesiser
- Water Flow Gauge
- Oscilloscope / Logic Analyser
- Water Tank Depth Sensor
- Weather Station Receiver
- RFID Access Control System
- Vehicle Telemetry Platform