The key roles of a rangehood
Rangehoods are often underrated and overlooked when it comes to appliances, but they actually play a very important role in the kitchen. Not only do they help to keep the air clean and free of cooking odours, but they also help to prevent grease and smoke from building up on surfaces.
Without a good rangehood, your kitchen can quickly become a very unpleasant place to be. So if you're thinking about skipping the rangehood when you renovate your kitchen, think again! A good rangehood is worth its weight in gold.
Key roles that rangehoods perform are:
- helping to remove smoke, smells and grease from the kitchen
- providing ventilation to help keep the air in the kitchen fresh
- acting as a barrier to stop cooking odours from spreading through the house
- keeping the kitchen cooler by removing heat and steam
- helping to prevent fires by removing grease and other flammable materials from the air.
- Removing steam and moisture away from cabinetry
- Removing excess heat from the cooktop away from you.
- Drawing any particles produced by the cooking process that could be irritating.
- A good rangehood also provides additional lighting giving you a far better view of the cooking process.
So, there you have it! The next time you're standing in front of your rangehood, give it a little nod of appreciation - it really is one of the unsung heroes of the kitchen!
Back to rangehoods