Time Saving Laundry Tips
It’s safe to say household chores are pretty much disliked by everyone, and there’s no doubt clothes washing is one of the worst of them all. Therefore, we might as well try to minimise our misery by cutting down the time it takes to get our laundry done right? That’s why at Folders, we’ve come up with a a few time saver tips.
1. The first step to saving time on laundry is to sort your clothes before you start. This means separating out the whites from the colours, and any delicates that need to be washed separately. By doing this you can save time by not having to re-wash items that have been ruined by colours running.
2. Pre-treat any stains on your clothing before you wash them. This will help to remove the stain more easily, and save you time in the long run
3. Talking of saving time in the long run, ever thought of cleaning your washing machine? It’s no good just chucking a load of dirty washing into an even dirtier machine! Check out your washing machine manual and follow the instructions.
4. If you have the space, setting up a laundry station in your home can save you time by not having to walk back and forth to the laundry room.
5. Use a mesh bag for small items. Not even the most organised amongst us can claim they’ve never lost a sock. Try sticking your socks in a mesh laundry bag, and whacking this straight in the washer...bye bye odd socks. These bags are great for delicates too.
6. Use a clothesline or drying rack to dry your clothes instead of the dryer. This is a great way to save energy and time.
7. If you must use the dryer, make sure to clean the lint trap after each use. This will help your dryer run more efficiently and save you time in the long run.
8. Fold and put away your laundry as soon as it is dry. This will save you time later when you are looking for a specific item of clothing. Similarly, by hanging your clothes straight onto hangers as they come out the washer/ dryer, you can help to minimise wrinkles and creases saving lots of ironing.
9. Take the time to organise your closet and dresser so that you can easily find what you are looking for. This will save you time in the long run, and keep your clothes from getting wrinkled.
10. Always read the care label on your clothing before washing. This will save you time and money by ensuring that you wash your clothes the correct way the first time.
11. If that laundry basket never seems to empty maybe it's time to upgrade to a larger capacity washing machine.
By following these simple tips, you can save yourself time and energy when doing your laundry. So take the time to follow these tips and you'll be sure to have clean clothes in no time!
Back to Washing Machines